Controller of Examinations
Dr. H. Gurumallesh Prabu
Controller of Examinations i/c (since 26th November 2015) &
Professor, Department of Industrial Chemistry (since 23rd December 1987)
Karaikudi – 630003, India
Phone : (+91) 4565 227609
Fax : (+91) 4565 225624
e-mail : email@example.com
- Academic Qualifications: M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Academic Courses attended: 4 (Orientation -1, Refresher-3).
- Post-doctoral Research at Monash University, Australia (2007).
- Teaching & Research Experience: 28 years.
- Research Areas: Environmental Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Textile Chemistry.
- Research Projects Completed: 6 (UGC-2, AICTE, DRDO, AURF, BHEL).
- Research Guidance Completed: M.Sc-101, M.Phil-37, Ph.D.-16.
- Research Publication: Intl. Journals – 67, Natl. Journals – 28.
- Research Papers Presented: Intl. Conference - 34, Natl. Conference – 113.
- Research Patent filed: Facemask Material (2196/CHE/2013).
- Invited / Special Lectures delivered – 52.
- Conferences: Attended – 30, Organized – 29.
- Number of Books / Chapters / Monographs / Manuals written: 12.
- Served as Deputy Coordinator UGC-SAP I program (2007-12)
- Served as Coordinator, Environmental Awareness Club (2005-15)
- Served as Coordinator, Career Guidance & Counselling Cell (2013-15)
- Served as Treasurer-ALUTA, Treasurer-ALUFA (2010-12), President-ALUFA (2012-14)
- Serving as Deputy Coordinator UGC-SAP II program (2013-18)
- Serving as Special Officer - Planning & Development (2014-17)
- Serving as Member in RUSA monitoring Committee
- Serving as Member in University Web Committee
- Serving as Member in University Calendar Committee
- Serving as Member in AURF committee.
- Serving as Member in Research Advisory Committee
- Serving as Member in Standing Committee on Academic Affairs
- Serving as Member in NAAC Steering Committee
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS / HONOURS
- Rankholder in M.Sc. Examinations, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, 1987.
- International award IAEWP-USA and IIEE-New Delhi, 1997.
- Best research paper presented in a symposium on pollution control by physicochemical methods, Regional Engineering College, Trichy, 1998.
- Endeavour Research Fellowship Award (Australian Government), 2007.
- Best research papers presented in seminar on Application of Nanotechnology in current agricultural practices, Dr.Zahir Husain College, Ilayankudi, 2011.
- Travel Grant Award by DST for the presentation of paper in International Conference at USA, 2013.
- Achievement Award for the completing 25 Years of Unblemished Service at Alagappa University (2014).
- The IIER Excellent paper Award by the International Institute of Engineers and Researchers (2015)
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL / NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL BODIES
- Life fellow: Swadeshi Science Movement, Kundrakudi.
- Life fellow: SAEST, Karaikudi (LF505).
- Life member: Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata (L14710).
- Vice-President: SAEST, Karaikudi. 1998 –2000
- Served / serving as Chairman in Board of Studies: Alagappa University Affiliated Colleges, Periyar University, TBAK College for women-Kilakarai.
- Served / serving as Member in Board of Studies: Alagappa University, Bharathidasan University, Avinashilingam University, AVVM Sri Pushpam College-Poondi.
- Served / serving as Member in Board of Examiner in Universities: Alagappa, Anna, Annamalai, Avinashilingam, Bharathiar, Bharathidasan, Madurai Kamaraj, Manonmaniam Sundaranar, Madras, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Sathyabama, Pondicherry, Kerala, Kakatiya and Sri Venkateswara.
- Served / serving as Reviewer: Int. J. Cosmetic Science (ICS), Int. J. Environmental Engineering (IJEE), Int. J. Environmental Analytical Chemistry (IJEAC), J. Electroanalytical Chemistry (US), Material Science & Engineering (Elsevier), Journal of Carbohydrate Polymers (UK), Patents in nanotechnology (Japan), Separation science (Pakistan).
- Australia (Melbourne), 2007.
- New Zealand (Auckland), 2007
- Czechoslavakia (Praha, Liberec), 2011.
- Germany (Dresden), 2011.
- USA (New York, Washington, Greenville), 2013
- Germany (Heidelberg), 2015
- France (Paris), 2015
- Switzerland (Geneve), 2015