The Directorate of Distance Education was established in the University in 1992. The Directorate offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes in the disciplines of Management, Computer Applications, Science, Education and Languages.
The Directorate offers various innovative, job-oriented and socially relevant 84 academic programmes in the field of Arts, Science, Information Technology, Education and Management. It has an excellent network of Many Learing Centres for providing effective service to the student community.
- Sector-specific and Job-oriented programmes
- Modern up-to-date Curriculum
- Bilingual programme in Tamil and Hindi
- Standard Study Material
- Moderate Fee structure
- Lateral Entry for diploma holders in the related degree programmes
- Wide network of Study Centres
- Effective Personal Contact Programme
- Adequate hands-on training for Computer Practicals
- Examinations Centres at convenient places
- Fixed Examination Schedule
- Examination conducted twice in a year
- Quick declaration of results
The Directorate in addition to general MBA, offers more specialised sector-specific management programmes such as MBA (International Business), MBA (Banking and Finance), MBA (Corporate Secretaryship), MBA (Project Management), MBA (Hospital Management), MBA (Tourism), MBA (Education Management), MBA (Human Resource Management), MBA (Retail Management), MBA (Logistics Management), MBA (Technology Management), MBA ( Corporate Management), MBA (Marketing Management) ,MBA (Financial Management), MBA(System Management) ,MBA(Production and Operations Mangement), MBA(Co-operative Management)and also offers MSW, MCA, and PGDCA Programmes, under Semester pattern.
The Directorate is planning to adopt the e-technologies in order to modernize the learning process so that the students can have direct access to internet facilities. With the proposed campus wide networking, it would be possible to organize learning with the satellite facilities. This would help the University to update its instructional modes and open new vistas of e-learning for the students.