The office of the Controller of Examinations is responsible for smooth and fair conduct of all scheduled examinations (University Departments, Collaborative programmes, Distance Education and Affiliated Colleges) and timely publication of results. Examinations are conducted every year in the months of April and November for Affiliated Colleges and May and December for Distance Education students respectively. The Schedule for Examinations is published on the University website (www.alagappauniversity.ac.in) five weeks prior to the commencement of examinations and a detailed timetable is published three weeks prior to the commencement of examination with the details of examination centres. Students are advised to frequently visit the web site of Alagappa University for getting information regarding Examinations. Students may contact the following for any clarification related to examinations.
General Enquiry: Phone: +91-4565-228097 & +91-4565-223122, E-mail: email@example.com
Specific Enquiry: (i) Distance Education: Phone: +91-4565-223176 & +91-4565-223170
(ii) Affiliated Colleges: Phone: +91-4565-223181, Fax: +91-4565-229330
(iii) University Departments: Phone: +91-4565-223186
Major Roles & Responsibilities of CoE Section
REGULAR WING (University Departments)
- Data entry and verification of students Examination applications and Marks for all Ph.D. Course Work, M.Phil, PG, Diploma, Certificate courses
- Printing and Verification of List of candidates to appear for exams
- Preparation of Timetable for all Courses
- Printing and issue of Hall tickets.
- Issue of Invigilation duty order
- Printing and verification of TMR, Results, Statement of Marks
- Issue of Genuine Certificates , Ph.D. Provisional Certificates , Rank Certificates.
- Preparation of Annual Report, Statistics and related reports
- Printing and Verification of Degree Certificates.
- Preparation of Convocation List and Rank List for issuing Degree Certificates.
- Maintenance of Panel of examiners for internal and external valuation.
- Sending of all tapals & Certificates.
- Convocation related works, Provisional Certificate entry in Convocation Register.
- Checking of Bills, TA & DA , Remuneration Bills for Theory & Practical examinations.
- Forwarding sanction of advances drawn by the departments for regular exams.
- Verification and Packing of Question Papers for Ph.D. Course Work.
- Arranging Question paper for Examinations
AFFILIATED COLLEGES WING
- Sanction of Advances for the Colleges to conduct the Examinations
- Supply of Stationery for the Exams through University Vechile; Foil Card for Internal & External Mark, OMR Sheet, Cloth lined covers, Cloth covers, Customized A4 Paper Booklets, Question booklets
- Verification of Internal Mark with manual and computerised foil cards - Each secured by the students for each subject.
- Verification of TMR for students those who are not getting mark
- Verification of Nominal Roll with Signed and Corrected, Nominal Roll – Each paper applied by the students, Verify the fees paid by the students
- Collection of Answer scripts from all Affiliated Colleges through University Vehicle
- Preparation of Answer scripts for Dummy Numbering work: Arranging the papers Course-wise, Scuffling all papers subject code-wise, Providing dummy number to all paper through e-numbering machine, Removing counter foil from the answer scripts which has the original number of the students, Preparation of covers for packing the answer scripts for valuation
- Valuation Work: Making necessary arrangements to valuation centres in University and other places, Dispatching Answer scripts for valuation centres, Collection of OMR and foil cards from the scripts pockets / from the Examiners who valued the scripts, Collection of all Answer scripts from the valuation centres, Attending the queries arise after valuation.
DISTANCE EDUCATION WING
- Publication of Examination Notification in Newspaper & website
- Obtaining & sending permission for conducting special and improvement cases
- Receiving Examination applications through off -line and online
- Valuation & Revaluation work.
- Scrutiny of off-line applications received and transmit to EDP wing for data entry
- Checking of Nominal Roll Checking
- Nominal Roll, Date-wise list, Hall ticket, practical foil cards sent to Exam centres before 15 days of Exams.
- Segregation of foil cards for theory Examinations course wise, subject-wise & centre-wise.
- Sorting out the scripts received from various Examination centres; course-wise, subject-wise and centre-wise.
- Answer scripts entry in Valuation register; centre-wise, course-wise & subject-wise.
- Bundling 60 scripts and Allotment to Examiner per day at the time of Evaluation
- Receiving the panel from Chairman for every course.
- Sending Appointment order to the valuing Examiners
- Checking the answer scripts with foil card entries after handed over by the Examiner.
- Sending foil cards to EDP wing for data entry.
- Checking centre-wise TMR received from EDP wing.
- Checking Register Number-wise TMR whether all the correction are carried out, Final TMR checking.
- Conduct of Board Meeting.
- Publication of Result
- Checking Marks Statement, Provisional Certificate and Consolidated Mark Statement per candidate.
- Checking Individual Mark Statement.
- Withholding Mark Statement of defaulter students , without application candidates
- Pasting students address in covers & inserting Mark Statement.
- Checking the BNPL entry and pasting the speed post label per student.
- Transmit to dispatch section giving page-wise & batch-wise abstract.