Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singh, Ph.D
Department of Bioinformatics
Room No: 403,4th Floor,Science Campus
Karaikudi – 630004.
Contact Phone Office : (+91) 4565 223342, (+91) 9894429800
Fax : +91 4565 225202
Contact e-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.sanjeevslab.org
About Special Officer ( Projects )
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singh is presently working as Professor at Department of Bioinformatics, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu India. He received his Ph.D in Applied Chemistry from CJSM University, Kanpur in 2004. He holds several positions in different capacities within the University, Before joining to Alagappa University, he has served as a Scientist in Pharmaco-informatics division at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) (A prestigious institution under Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers, Govt. of India) at Mohali, Punjab followed by Assistant professor at Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, Madurai Kamaraj University. Currently, He is serving as Secretary General of "Bioinformatics and Drug Discovery Society" (BIDDS) and notable an elected member (MNASc) of The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India. He is also a member of several scientific societies and academic bodies. He has research experience of sixteen years in research/teaching and has published around more then 100 international and national research article/review/book chapters in peer-reviewed journals.
- Liasion with funding agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DBT, DST, ICMR, DAE and MHRD etc.
- Matters related to the UGC-DEB office at New Delhi.
- Reviews the Project issues with proper management and to fix the financial troubles.
- Communicates with funding agencies, members, research scholars and other poeple reagrding benefical information related to the funding.
- To make strong and well balanced relation of the University with all funding agencies.
Awards and Honours
- Elected as MNASc (Member, The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad, India) in, May 2017
- ICMR Lala Ram Chand Kandhari Award for his outstanding contribution in research works on Sexually Transmitted Diseases entitled “In silico studies on HIV-1 Integrase and Protease to find potent inhibitors”. (2014)
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Travel Award: To present paper in “Albany 2015: The 19th Conversation” held at Department of Chemistry, University at Albany, New York, USA
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Travel Award: To present paper in ECCB-12 at Basel, Switzerland (2012).
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) Travel Award: To present paper in “Albany 2011: 17th Conversation” at University of Albany, USA (2011).
- DST Fast Track grant for Young Scientist-2010 in Chemical Science.
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT) Travel Award: To present a paper in IDDST-2007 in Xian, China (2007).
Membership in Editorial Boards
- Editorial Board member of Journal of AIDS and HIV Infection (JAHI), 2017.
- Editorial board member of Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology (JMB) for the period of 1st April, 2016 to 31st March, 2019 (3 years)
- Guest Editor of 4th issue entitled ‘Computer Aided Drug Design’ of BIOBYTES, Open Access Newsletter of Biotechnology Information System (BTIS), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India.
- Guest Editor, Medicinal Chemistry, Bentham Science Publishers.
Membership in Scientific Societies
- Life Member of “The Biotech Research Society(BRSI)”
- Life Member of “The National Academy of Sciences (NASI)”
- Life Member of “Society for Biological Chemist (SBC)”
- Life Member of “Indian Biophysical Society (IBS)”
- Life Member of “The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)”.
- Life Member of “Society for Biotechnology (India)”.
Membership in Advisory Boards
- Member of ‘Trends on Theoretical Chemistry’ Biannual Conference.
- Member of ‘Indo-French Bioinformatics Meeting’.
Membership in Academic Bodies
- Member of Board of Studies in Bioinformatics –UG/PG of Periyar University, Salem, 2016.
- Chairman of the University Rank Examination Question Paper Setting for M.Sc. Bioinformatics, Bharthidasan University, Trichy, Tamilnadu(2016).
- Member of Board of Central Evaluation in Bioinformatics, Pondicherry University in April 2009.
- External Member of programme Committee in Bioinformatics at Pondicherry University during Nov. 2010.
- Member Board of Studies of UGC Innovative programme on “Structural Pharmacogenomics”
- Member of Board of Studies of Bioinformatics, Alagappa University, Karaikudi from Nov 2010 to Nov, 2013.
- Member of board of Studies in Advance diploma in Molecular Modeling sponsored by DBT, New Delhi, Lady Dock College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.