Prof. S. Rajamohan
College Development Council
Genesis of CDC
Alagappa University was brought into existence by a special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu in May 1985 with two constituent colleges and post graduate departments.
Alagappa University became affiliated by the Tamil Nadu Act 35 of 2002 with 21 Arts, Science and Commerce colleges and 3 institutes, situated in the most backward remote rural areas of Ramnad and Sivaganga districts of TamilNadu.( G.O.ms NO. 288 and 289, Higher Education (K2) Dept.dt.16.10.2002 and Govt.St NO.12323/K2/2003-1dt.02.06.2003
- Constructing efforts on attaining 2(f) and 12 (b) Status to colleges addressing norms prescribed and march towards NAAC accreditation.
- Developing synergism, relevance and quality in education through curricular and Co-curricular activities towards ensuring cutting edge knowledge to students.
- Consolidating efforts on academic enrichment and grants mobilising from UGC and other funding agencies for college development.
- Designing and re-engineering Curricular contents
- Initiating attempt towards up gradation of infrastructure facilities
- Stimulating optimisation and integration of modern methods towards academic enrichment
- Nurturing quality related researches / project culture in colleges
- Encouraging capacity building programmes through curricular and Co-curricular activities
- Facilitating efficient and progressive functioning of administrative and financial tasks
- Enriching healthy practices and continuous improvement in entire operations towards par excellence