- Presently serving as Registrar and Professor in the Department of Corporate Secretaryship, School of Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
- Qualification: M.Com., MBA., MA(Public Administration)., M.Phil., PGDIPR., FCS., BGL., Ph.D.,
- Having 30 years of PG teaching experience and 26 years of research experience in the field of Commerce, Corporate Secretaryship and Management.
- Serving as Coordinator for UGC’s Innovative Programme- one Year PG Diploma in VAT & Service Tax for the students of School of Management from July 2012-13 onwards.
Current areas of specialization are Finance and Taxation, Corporate Governance, CSR & Corporate Management and Corporate Laws.
Guided successfully 23 scholars for the award of Doctoral Degree in the field of Commerce, Corporate Secretaryship and Management.
- Published 325 articles/research papers in reputed National and International journals and has presented papers in about 125 National Level Seminars, Conference and Workshops.
- Authored and Co-authored 14 books by reputed Publishers like Sultan Chand and Sons, Bharat Law Book House, Prentice Hall of India, vijai Nicole Imprints and Lakshmi Publications namely Indirect Taxation (17th edition), Taxation Law & Practice, Legal Aspects of Business, Corporate Governance Ethics & Social Responsibility, Office Management, Business Law, Company Secretarial Practice, Secretarial, Securities & Management Audit, Economic and Other Legislations, Business Taxation, Handbook of Company Law
- Serving as Director (Professional Program) since February 2013.
- Served as Dean (Student Affairs) and Chief Warden during 19.02.2014 to 7.03.2016
- Served as Director of Distance Education during August 2007- March 2011.
- Served as University Youth and Cultural Coordinator during 2001-2008.
Membership in Professional AND other bodies.
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi.
- Fellow Member of Management Studies Promotion Institute, New Delhi.
- Fellow Member of United Writer Association
- Member of many societal bodies and associations.
- Member of many committees in Alagappa University
- Member of Board of Studies for P.G. Programs in many Universities and Autonomous Colleges.
- Member of Editorial Board and Reviewer for 10 Print/Online refereed National/ International Journals.
Major and Minor Research Projects undertaken
Equity Financing in Small Scale Industries in TN funded by UGC-MRP (1993-96)
Evaluation of Non Banking Financial Companies in TN funded by UGC (Feb,1998- Feb,2000)
Financial Services of NBFCs in Coimbatore-Minor Research Project funded by UGC (April 2000- April 2001)
WTO-IPR Challenges and Opportunities for Members of ICSI funded by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (2004-2005)
Social Responsibility Initiatives by Private Sector Companies in Tamil Nadu funded by UGC- MRP (April 2013- September 2015)
- Certificate of Achievement Award by Alagappa University, during Sep. 2006.
- Rashtriya Vidhya Saraswathi Puraskar Award by International Institute of Education and Management, during March 2010.
- Life time Achievement Award by Indian Economic Research Development Association, New Delhi, during August 2010.
- Indira Gandhi Excellence Award by International Business Council during December 2013.
- Certificate of Award for 25 years of unblemished service in Alagappa University.
- Alagappa Excellence Award for Research during April 2016, by Alagappa University.
Phone: 04565-223115 and 04565-226001 Fax : 04565 – 225525
Email : email@example.com